The Scholars Strategy Network (SSN) is looking for a full-time Content Manager. The Content Manager will support staff in achieving the organization’s mission - bringing research and evidence into the public debate to improve policy and strengthen democracy.
- Develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Create content to promote on the SSN website and share across SSN social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Ensure content is tailored appropriately for each platform and audience
- Make recommendations for how to cultivate relationships through social media by researching who to follow and strategic ways to interact
- Create compelling social media, web, and marketing campaigns to increase brand awareness
- Identify marketing opportunities
- Help staff identify and institute best practices for web and social media outreach
- Support staff and chapters in the creation of SSN products including custom mailings, event promotion, webinars, etc.
- Monitor website and social media analytics
- Work with the Communications team to build and maintain an efficient system for tracking SSN’s progress towards strategic social media, website, and marketing goals
- Work closely with the Web Development team on implementing improvements for the website
- Assist the Communications Associate with production and promotion of the No Jargon podcast
- Supervise social media and website intern
- Additional duties as assigned
- Social media management and strategy experience
- Design, branding, or marketing experience
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Project management skills
- Commitment to SSN’s mission
- Professional, positive, and trustworthy
- Ability to learn new skills
- Flexibility to move among tasks
- E-mailing or newsletter production experience
The base compensation for this position is an annual salary of $50,000. Any offer of employment will take into account the particular candidate’s skills and experience. The Scholars Strategy Network offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, long-term disability, and life insurance; a generous 403(b) plan; and generous paid time off.
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, names and contact info of two references, and a short writing sample (i.e. blog post, newsletter, OpEd, or short essay) to Adriana Mendoza at [email protected] with subject line “SSN Content Manager - Your Name.” Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and women are encouraged to apply. SSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, class, color, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender, national origin, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity.