The Scholars Strategy Network (SSN) is looking for a paid part-time development intern. Interns will support staff in achieving the organization’s mission, bringing research and evidence into the public debate to improve policy and strengthen democracy. These positions require a commitment of 10 to 15 hours per week. Additional hours may become available. Salary range is $14-20 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
- Fundraising or administrative experience experience
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Commitment to SSN’s mission
- Eagerness to learn about the political process, nonprofit sector, and fundraising
- Professional, positive, and trustworthy
- Ability to learn new skills
- Flexibility to move among tasks
- Some design, branding, or marketing experience preferred
- E-mailing or newsletter production experience preferred
- Graduate student, advanced undergraduate student, or relevant experience
- Assist the Executive Director and Associate Director of Development in assembling lists of potential individual and institutional supporters
- Produce concise and thorough background research on prospective supporters
- Assist the Associate Director of Development identify new partnerships and members
- Work with the Associate Director of Development to build and maintain an efficient system for tracking SSN’s progress towards strategic goals and grant benchmarks
- Support staff in the creation of SSN products including custom mailings, short videos, and infographics
- Help staff identify and institute best practices for our use of office technology
- Support the rest of the SSN team as needed by proof-reading documents, compiling and entering data, and assisting in event planning
- Additional duties as assigned
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, names and contact info of two references, and a short writing sample (i.e. blog post, newsletter, OpEd, or short essay) to Lyra de Castro at [email protected] with subject line “SSN Development Intern - Your Name.” Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and women are encouraged to apply. SSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, class, color, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender, national origin, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity.