Social Media and Website Intern
The Scholars Strategy Network (SSN) is looking for a paid part-time social media and website intern. Interns will support staff in achieving the organization’s mission, bringing research and evidence into the public debate to improve policy and strengthen democracy. These positions require a commitment of 10 to 15 hours per week. Additional hours may become available. Salary range is $14-20 per hour based on qualifications and experience.
- Assist the Associate Director of Communications develop content calendars on a weekly and monthly basis
- Create content to share across SSN social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and on the SSN website
- Ensure content is tailored appropriately for each platform and audience
- Initiate outreach and make recommendations for how to increase engagement on social media accounts by researching who to follow and strategic ways to interact
- Create compelling social and web campaigns to increase brand awareness
- Help staff identify and institute best practices for social media and web outreach
- Support staff and chapters in the creation of SSN products including custom mailings, event promotion, etc.
- Work with the Communications team to build and maintain an efficient system for tracking SSN’s progress towards strategic social media and website goals
- Monitor social media and website analytics
- Additional duties as assigned
- Graduate student, advanced undergraduate student, or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Commitment to SSN’s mission
- Professional, positive, and trustworthy
- Ability to learn new skills
- Flexibility to move among tasks
- Design, branding, or marketing experience
- E-mailing or newsletter production experience
How to Apply
Email a cover letter, resume, names and contact info of two references, and a short writing sample (i.e. blog post, newsletter, OpEd, or short essay) to Adriana Mendoza at [email protected] with subject line “SSN Social Media and Website Intern - Your Name.” Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
People of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQIA+ individuals, and women are encouraged to apply. SSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, class, color, disability, ethnicity, faith, gender, national origin, race, sexual orientation, or gender identity.